In addition to winning an Australian Design Award in 1999 for innovation in product development, the UTC® has been embraced by water utilities in Australia, the UK, Europe, and North America. The entire range of UTC® fittings is fully approved for potable water, meeting NSF and CSA standards.
Philmac UTC Overview
© 2013 HARCO Fittings. All Rights Reserved.
HARCO Fittings is a distributor of Philmac Universal Transition Coupling (UTC®) fittings for the United States. Philmac is a global leader in the design and manufacture of plastic compression fittings that provide the ultimate in pipe connection flexibility. Australia-based Philmac was founded in 1929 and became part of the Aliaxis Group in Belgium in 2003.
The UTC® products are especially designed for connecting pipes that are made from a variety of different materials, such as polyethylene, galvanized steel, PVC, copper, ABS, lead, and stainless steel.
• Universal Design: The Philmac UTC® is designed to accommodate a range
of different diameters on most pipe material (including copper, PE, PVC, lead, steel, galvanized steel, ABS, and stainless steel).
• Large Seal: The large seal in the Philmac UTC® is particularly suited to out-of-round and pitted pipes.
• The Philmac UTC® range is comprehensive: Configurations include “No Stop”
Repair Couplings and Reducer Couplings. Inquire for other configurations.
Fast and Easy Installation
• Slide & Tighten™ technology: The Philmac UTC® incorporates all
the benefits of Philmac’s Slide & Tighten™ technology. Simply witness mark the pipe against the flange on the fitting, and then
insert the pipe
to the correct depth. The nut can then be tightened using a wrench. The UTC® is fully installed when the nut can no
longer be tightened with reasonable force.
• No special tools are required and the Philmac UTC® is supplied
ready to use.
• Easy Disassembly: The design of the UTC® allows the pipe to be removed easily from the fitting
once the nut is backed off.
• Dynamic Sealing Method: Tightening the nut compresses the seal into position.
During assembly, the pipe does not have to engage the seal, so there is no risk of seal damage or roll outs.
* Pipes at the top end of the fitting tolerance may incur minimum resistance.
• No Loose Components: The Philmac
UTC® is fully contained with no loose components. There is no need to disassemble and separately handle a loose split ring, seal ring,
or nut. All that is required is the insertion of the pipe and tightening of the nut.
• Approvals: The Philmac
UTC® holds a number of potable water approvals including NSF in the USA. The fittings are manufactured to the highest standards in
accordance with the company’s ISO 9001:2000 Quality Endorsed status.
High Performance Materials
• Made from advanced thermoplastic materials: The Philmac UTC® is
manufactured from lightweight, high
performance polypropylene and acetal with outstanding impact, UV, chemical, and corrosion resistance.
The UTC® split ring contains hard stainless steel grippers which provide superior end load resistance. Seals are nitrile rubber.
High Performance Materials
• Rated to 200 PSI: The Philmac UTC® is pressure rated 200 psi at
73ºF and 150 psi at 100ºF to meet the needs of high pressure systems.
Your are here: